I made this bread for Thanksgiving 2015 at Theo Peter and Theia Kristen’s house. It was very sweet, but I enjoyed it a lot. I don’t know if other people liked it as much as I did so I don’t know if it was a huge hit, but I would definitely like to make it again! It was a pretty easy recipe to throw together and it definitely had visual appeal.
This recipe and picture is from the Deliciously Sprinkled blog and can be found at: http://deliciouslysprinkled.com/cranberry-orange-bread/
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a fork or just your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add egg and orange juice to crumble mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack.